Our client is a top Boston law firm looking for a legal assistant with strong patent prosecution experience (1-3 years). Must have excellent organizational, communication and writing skills. Great firm with very competitive benefits package.
- Prepare patent documents for filing with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Draft routine correspondence for reporting to clients
- Make copies, fax documents and pull files as necessary
- Maintain client files, including file openings, file applications, responses, etc.
- Handle incoming electronic communications on behalf of the attorneys and be able to prioritize for them as well as respond appropriately on behalf of the attorneys
- Be responsible for calendar/docket management for the assigned legal staff
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Proofread and edit various legal documents
- Provide back-up support at reception
- Assist with other tasks as requested by the Legal Support Staff Supervisor
- Possess a high degree of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Be a team player and be proactive
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with IPDAS, Adobe PDF, DMS and CPI preferred
- Four-year college degree with minimum of cum laude designation preferred
- 1-3 year’s prior patent prosecution experience required
- Annual Salary $60,000-$70,000
- Dental and Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Please note that quoted salary ranges are not guarantees of what the final salary offers might be. Our clients base their offers on a range of variables including years of work and industry specific experience, salary history, education level, etc.